Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Project Updates

Hi Everyone,
Well, its a really nice day here in the upper mid west and so I went down to the wood shop and worked on several projects:

Salad Bowl Wedding Present

The mineral stained poplar bowl is coming along nicely. I've turned it down to it's final shape and done some rough sanding on the outside and in the interior:



You can clearly see the mineral staining on the side photo. It's going to be interesting to see how this finally comes out.


Hickory bowl with the walnut rim:


I've finished hollowing out this bowl and it's quite nice.  The end grain has some tearing on the inside so it's going to take quite a lot of sanding to smooth it.  More work for this bowl is ahead of us.


Purple Heart Tea Box:


This is done although there is pitting on the end grain both inside and outside. I'm going to have to work on my technique more as this is showing up repeatedly. The top came out perfect.


The pink hand grenade


Well, I guess this doesn't look as bad as it did last night. I've oiled and polished it and it has a nice finish. I think if I look at this long enough, it will become "objet d'art" instead of a weird colored piece of wood. Oh well, on the bookshelf it goes.


More later,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment