Friday, November 2, 2018

The Little Free Library Build - Layout and marking up the plywood

Hi Everyone,

Time to begin the last project of the year. Let's take a look at the plywood and chat a bit:

I took the plywood panel and set it up on the saw horses. It has a soft, sued-like surface so I scraped it smooth with a cabinet scraper and then I began marking it.

The back panel is 20" wide and 20.75 inches high-this is going to be a big box! I had just enough plywood left for one of the side panels and two of the interior shelves. I'll have to go and get another piece of plywood to cut the other side and the roof panels. I'll use some scrap solid wood for the base.


Marlys, my neighbor and partner in crime in all of this, supplied me with a big, solid 4x4 for the post. And I think the exterior, and interior, are going to be coated with several coats of PPG deck sealant to make it waterproof inside and out. That leaves the door frame which I think I'll paint red, the tradition color of welcome.

It's getting cold so I'm going to quit for the evening. Tomorrow I'll finish marking everything and cut out all of the parts.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment