Saturday, November 3, 2018

Little Free Library build-cutting the parts

Hi All,

Well, it's been a long day but the parts for the box part of the little library are cut out. And if you very carefully layout the parts on the plywood, you can get all the large parts out, except the bottom panel, of 1/2 sheet of plywood.

So here's where I'm at:

The roof panels
The bottom panel
Both sides
and the rear panel.

I made the interior shelves out of some thick pine I had left over from another project.

Here's the photo to prove I did something today:



And here is the post and the 2x4's for the frame to attach the library to the post:



Now tomorrow I'm going to begin assembling the box with construction adhesive and screws. I haven't cut out the parts for the face frame or the door yet as I want to make sure the given dimensions are correct for the box. I'll probably do that tomorrow too.

Ok, now for a hot shower and some food!

See you tomorrow,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment