Friday, November 2, 2018

Making a Train Table for my Grandson-Completion photos

Hi Everyone,

Well the train table is finish and my grandson has a new place to play with his wooden train set. Here are the photos with comments:

I finished the top yesterday-both the top and the underside of the table top have a stain and polyurethane finish and the color and the finish look fine.

For the legs, I've constructed two sets of legs out of galvanized 1" plumbing pipe. It's strong and it's a quick and dirty way to make a framework for the table:


This photo shows the legs just before I screwed them down with #8 1" wood screws:

Here is the table with the legs attached:


And to finish it off I attached silicone rubber bumpers on the corners so my grandson doesn't crash into them:


And there it is-that's enough room for all his train gear:


Next spring I'll build a wooden framework underneath it so it looks a little nicer. But that's it.

_____

I'm going to stop and eat dinner and then begin working on the Little Free Library.
Thanks for dropping by and stay tuned for the next project.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment