Monday, November 5, 2018

Little Free Library build-painting and interior shelves

Hi Everyone,
Well, I'm off to a good start today. I've got some preliminary painting done and I've assembled the shelving unit. Here's some photos:

Here is the interior shelf unit. I assembled it with 2" long wood screws. This will provide some manner of organization for the books and help to keep them upright:


This is what it looks like:



My next task was to begin the finishing process. I had a container of exterior paint in "coconut" which I think is another way of saying off-white. I painted the inside and the shelves this color so it's not too dark inside:


Then I tipped the box over and applied a coat of exterior deck stain to the underside:


I'm also adding some moulding to give the box a more finished look:


And that's where I am right now. I'm going to let everything dry and give the painted surfaces another coat of paint later on this evening. And I'll begin the face frame.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment