Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New tool and the next Blue House Bowl

Hi Everyone,
It is absolutely beautiful outside today and I'm going to treat myself to an hour or two in the wood shop a little later today.

But for the meantime good news. First: I got a set of pin jaws for the 4 jaw wood chuck for the lathe. This all means that I'll be able to create small diameter turnings a little easier. Here is a photo:


I am really jazzed about this!!


And I got a new shipment of turning blanks this afternoon and one of the blanks is going to be the next Blue House bowl. This year I'll be making the bowl out of a solid block of Indian rosewood.  Here are a couple of photos of the blank:



This bowl will be approximately 11-11 3/4 inches in diameter and about 4 inches high. It will make a great salad bowl or fruit bowl for some lucky guy or gal. I will keep you informed as to its progress over the coming months and let you know when you can purchase a raffle ticket. So join me on the journey and lets make a great bowl for a great cause.

See ya later,
VW



No comments:

Post a Comment