Thursday, July 30, 2020

Side Table project-putting the parts together

Hi Everyone,

Well, it has been a crazy busy week this week and I've working on the table project a bit here and there. Today I assembled the framework and it's coming out better that I had hoped. Here's the photos:


Ok, here is a photo of the framework with the table top just sitting on top. I like all the dimensions and other than trimming the edges of the top, the construction of the table is finished:



These next two photos show the frame without the top. I used Kreg screws to assemble it and I must say the frame is very sturdy and doesn't wobble.

You can also see that the insides of the aprons and stretchers need to be stained. I forgot to do that...




And here it is. 
I still have to finish staining the wood, clean up the edges of the top and stain that and then last of all putting the polyurethane finish on it. 


So there's a bit more to do here. I'll get it finished and post the completion photos.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment