Friday, July 24, 2020

Side table project, continued-continuing the staining process

Hi Everyone,

Ohhh, it's hot and humid here today and will be for the weekend. So I went down early to get some work done on the table-here's the latest set of photos:

These are the table parts that dried over night. They are a little bit deeper in color than yesterday so I think I'll stick with this stain:



Here's the table top and the legs. The color of the top doesn't show very well in this photo but if you look at the legs, it's a little more pronounced:


The orange color of the Douglas fir looks pink with the gold stain on it:


Now I wanted a deeper color for the table so I took one of the aprons and applied a second coat of the same stain and it did deepen the color. I'm going to let everything dry today and tomorrow I'm going to rub everything down and apply a second and possibly a third coat of stain and see how it looks:


Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment