Friday, July 3, 2020

Coffee Cup Shelves, continued-cutting shelves and sanding

Hi Everyone,

Well today I finished cutting all the wood for the shelves. I dry fitted the framework and cut the shelves to measure and notched the corners of the shelvs so they would fit snugly into the framework. After that I sanded everything and later this evening I'm going to seal the parts and stain them. Here's today's photos:

Here's the photo of an individual shelf-It's 5" wide and I sawed a 1/2" x1" notch out of the rear corners:



Here's how the shelf fits into the frame:




And here is a photo of the coffee cup shelves all dry fitted together: 



After this I did the sanding and took a piece of scrap wood and stained it with Minwax Black Walnut wood stain. I did it twice and got a good result:



As it's really hot outside, I'll probably go out later when the sun is setting and stain the wood. Tomorrow I'll begin putting the finish on.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment