Thursday, July 23, 2020

Side Table Project, continued-staining the wood

Hi Everyone,

Well today I finished sanding everything and proceeded to begin the finish/staining process. Here's today's photos:

The following 3 photos show all the parts-the legs, the aprons and stringers, and the top. Everything is sanded and ready to have a wood conditioner applied to it:




Here are the aprons and stringers that have had wood conditioner applied to them. The conditioner has an amber color and sometimes the wood looks perfectly fine with just that on it:



I let the wood conditioner absorb into the wood and then I came back with a can of Minwax puritan pine wood stain and applied that. The photo doesn't quite show the color but it's a golden pine color now. I must say I'm not too keen on the color thus far and I'm not too sure what to do. I'll sleep on this over night-I might re-stain it with the pine stain or apply a darker color over this:


Soooo, I'll give it some thought tonight,

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment