Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Coffee Cup Shelves-completion photos

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's been quite a week and a very very hot humid day. My left knee is a mess and I see my surgeon tomorrow. I've been scrambling around trying to get some projects done and the house clean in case I need to have some surgery. Since this project had been delayed for such a long time, I got up early today and finished it. I'm hot, tired, and a little dehydrated but the project is finished. Here's the photos:

When last you saw this, it was a pile of parts. I got everything stained with Minwax black walnut wood stain and while I normally am not real big on dark brown stains, I like this one. It went on very well and I am most pleased with the color. And it has several coats of Minwax polyurethane as well.

There are four shelves for coffee cups and bags of coffee. The final dimensions are 34 inches long 31 inches wide and the shelves are 5 inches wide, big enough for lots of stuff:




And here's a side view:



I think we can call this one done. My husband is going to take it over to the daughter-in-law's place later on and hang it on the wall for her.

What's next? If my knee doesn't require any thing done to it, my next project is a couple of side tables for my living room and a chair to go along with them. 

Thanks for dropping by and keep your fingers crossed that the knee isn't as bad as it seems.

Until next time,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment