Monday, July 20, 2020

Side Table project-the legs

Hi Everyone,

Time to make the table legs. 

I used a 4x4 that I had left over from a previous project and it's a Douglas fir 4x4x8'. The scent filled the air in the shop. So I could get photographs of the sequence, I roped my husband into doing the cutting today. Here are today's photos:

Here he is cutting the 4x4 down to 4 24"long sections on the mitre saw. That saw really made short work of that:




The 4x4's a too thick to be used for this table as is so we ripped them down on the table saw to 2 3/4" x 2 3/4". This also took off the beat up surfaces of the 4x4s and cut away the rounded corners so they now have a cleaner look to them:



As these legs are longer than the prototype I made last week, the curve and the sloping line had to be redrawn and here you see my husband doing that:


Here's one of the legs, marked and ready for the bandsaw:



And here is one leg cut and ready for sanding. 

As it's hot and miserable outside today, I packed it in early and came inside for something cold to drink. I'll finish cutting out the other three legs tomorrow.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment