Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Side Table project-completion photos

Hi Everyone,

The side table is finished:




I'm pleased with the way it turned out. The parts went together very well and the color works in my living room. I had originally planned to put a second shelf underneath the top but decided that I'd rather have a more "open" look as my living room is quite small and blocky furniture tend to fill it up too much.

The finish was Minwax polyurethane and the stain colors were 2 coats of Minwax puritan pine color followed by a single coat of Minwax gunstock. The gunstock color alone is a strong orange-red color on soft wood and the yellow of the pine stain toned that down somewhat. The rest of the table, except for the top, was made out of scrap lumber from several previous project. The top was made from select grade pine that was edge-joined together. The table is 20" high from top to floor, and the frame is 18" x 20" in size. 

Here's several more photos:








The only problem are the screw holes from the Kreg jig. I plan to make some wooden appliques out of thin maple veneer to cover those later this week.

Well, basically this is all done. What's next?

The next project will be a wooden bowl for a friend of mine and it seems that the pet urn I made several months ago is missing in the mail. I'm going to wait another week or so and if it doesn't turn up, I'll be making another one. So wood turning is next.

Thanks for tuning in! See you later this week.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment