Thursday, August 27, 2020

Calico Bowl Project-working on the bottom and sides of the bowl

 Hi Everyone

Went outside and worked for a couple of hours on the bowl. Here's today's photos-

I'm continuing to work on the bottom of the bowl. The foot of the bowl has to lay perfectly flat on a table surface and I spent some time measuring and carefully turning off excess wood so it would do exactly that. Otherwise the bowl will spin like a top on flat surfaces and not hold still when it's being used. I'm also refining the turned outer edge on the bottom of the bowl:



Here's a shot of the side of the bowl. I've turned the side smooth and you can see it just beginning to take shape:


Here you can see some ripples in the side as well. This entire surface needs to be hollowed out a little bit more so as to offset the heaviness of the bowl a bit:


Ok, more work tomorrow on the sides and bottom. I suspect I'll be sanding and refining the side and bottom next week and once that's done it will be time to flip it over and create the rim and begin the hollowing out process.

See you soon,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment