Thursday, September 3, 2020

Calico Bowl project-finishing the bottom

 Hello All,

Well I was back in the wood shop today and I finished the bottom of the bowl and I've probably finished turning the sides as well. Here's today's photos:

Here is the bowl before I began working on it. The sides are rather straight and so they need to be made more concave both along the side and underneath the top edge. So back on the lathe it went:



Here is the bowl after about 30 minutes of turning. The sides have a more pronounced concave curve to them:


I decided at this point to take the bowl off the lathe and look at it while it was just sitting on the foot of the bowl. It lays perfectly flat and it doesn't spin. Time to put it back on the lathe and sand the bottom of the bowl:




Tomorrow I'll finish sanding the bottom and then put a coat of polyurethane on the bottom of the bowl.

See you all tomorrow.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment