Wednesday, September 23, 2020

The Pine Coffee Table, continued-working on the top

 Hi Everyone,

Well, I've partially assembled the top and I'm reconsidering the framework for the table. Here's a couple of photos from today:

Here's the first photo-the center section has been assembled with Kreg jig screws and a bit of glue and it looks fine on it's own. If it were just a little bit longer it would be perfect. So I set the bread board ends on either end and looked at it and I'm not sure I really like the way it looks. And it's a little too long for my small living room:


So I removed the end pieces and just stuck a scrap piece of 2x4 on one of the ends instead and I think I like it better:



I'll think about it over night but I'll probably wind up using 2x4s instead of the bread board ends. I'll have to re-work the framework but it's still in pieces so that won't be difficult.

So then I was looking at the pieces of the framework-I gave the pieces a coat of Minwax stain in honey and now I have orange brown pieces of wood which I'm not too crazy about. So, should I paint the parts and use them or used plumbing pipe, which I have a supply of? More overnight thinking.

Stay tuned,
VW


No comments:

Post a Comment