Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Pine Coffee Table, continued-oh no...

 Hi All,

Well, I don't usually mess up things but this time is one of those times where something went wrong. Here's today's photos:

Here it is dry fitted and in place in my living room and it's huge! I specifically down-sized it so it would fit in my small living room. And I couldn't make up my mind between the wooden framework or making a frame out of pipe.
Well, you can see how large it is-hell, you could land an airplane on the top! And it's way too tall for a coffee table. So the table is going downstairs for a re-work and a plumbing pipe frame underneath. We used to have a plumbing pipe coffee table and when I disassembled it a few years back, I kept the pipes. And eliminating the wood frame gets rid of the orange stain. A win-win for everyone.



So, I'm going to take off the ends of the top, and take the wood frame downstairs and disassemble it and re-work the entire thing to be an industrial style table with pipe. 

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment