Monday, September 14, 2020

The Calico Bowl, continued-hollowing continued

Hi Everyone,
Here's an update on the bowl-I'm still hollowing it out after several days off last week. I'm going slowly on this turn so the remaining wood has the time to adjust to a different shape. Here's a photo from this morning-the bowl is a little over 3" deep at this point:



Originally I was going to make the bowl 4" deep and I'm going to hold to that. My plan going forward is to remove another 1/2" of wood and then use the remaining wood to flatten and smooth the bottom and the sides. 

Now winter is on its way and my shop isn't heated. I probably have about 2-21/2 months of shop time left so I'm going to begin a secondary project and build a much needed coffee table for my living room. I'm going to modify some bench plans from Shanty2Chic to make a small, simple coffee table and I'll post about that in separate posts.

So stay tuned-there's still lots of stuff happening in the wood shop!

See you later this week,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment