Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Pine Table Coffee Table project, continued

 Hi Everyone,

Well, it's been a busy day but I got a lot done. Here's today's photos:

I've got all the lumber for the framework cut up and I must say I'm very pleased with the way the parts came out. The next thing I did was sand everything with 150 grit sandpaper:



I dry fitted the parts together to make sure everything fits together:

Next I drilled the holes for the Kreg screws:


After that I removed all the wood dust and gave each part a coat of Minwax wood conditioner and then I popped open a fresh can of Minwax wood stain in gunstock. On yellow and light colored woods it looks really really orange. 


Now this is not the final color. When this dries completely I'll stain it again with several coats of Minwax wood stain in pilgrim pine. This will produced a medium reddish brown which is different and the color of the side table I made last month and that I really like.

So that gets to dry overnight and I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Update on the bowl: It's hollowed down to 3 1/2" and I'm in the process of smoothing the inside wall of the bowl, refining the rim, and flattening the inside bottom. So stay tuned for that.

More tomorrow,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment