Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sharing Wood Turning

Good Morning all,

Well, it was a wild, windy night here last night.  The wind blew hard last night and all of the leaves are probably in Wisconsin now!

I have some family visiting at the moment and one member, my nephew, is a charming young man named Michael. He's in high school and he really wants to work with his hands when graduates.  Yesterday evening I was down in the wood shop working on a bowl when he came down and asked if he could watch and of course I said YES!! please do.

To make a long story short,  we talked a lot about wood turning and I have him looking at wood turning books and today we're going to work on the bowl together. I think there is definitely a spark there.

Is it possible I've found an apprentice?

Stay tuned for future postings on this subject.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment