Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday wrap up-The salsa bowl is finished

Hi Everyone,
Well Friday is here and it's cool and breezy outside-another perfect day for wood turning.

I've finished the hickory bowl and I posted pictures earlier this week. The oil and beeswax finish looks lovely on the bowl. It really heightens the grain and the colors and I'm very happy with the way it looks.

The salsa bowl dried well with a minimum of distortion. I've finished sanding it and given it a preliminary layer of finish. Here it is:


The only bowl I have left to do is the beech bowl. It's still drying out and I'll take another look at it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have to install my new bandsaw blade and gear up to make several tea boxes for a couple of friends as thank you gifts. As soon as I get that blade installed, I'll send pictures of what I'm up to.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment