Thursday, October 14, 2021

Laminated Fruit Bowl Project-Completion Photos

 Hello All,

Well, the last coat of finish went on the bowl this morning and it's dry enough to pick it up. I'm very pleased with the way it came out and it holds a lot of fruit. 
Here's the photos:




 
The bowl is quite shallow but it can hold more fruit in it than a bowl of the same diameter with higher sides. If you need to make a large bowl to hold things in you might consider a flatter design. Works well.

My next project is a large laminated bowl for a wedding gift and several wooden tops for some small glass jars. These make good gift boxes, or small jewelry boxes or salt cellars and they're easy to make and a good way to get at your scrap wood pile.

The weather here is turning cooler so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay open.  At any rate thanks for stopping by the woodshop. I'll see you all soon.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment