Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Deck Chair build, continued

Hi Everyone, 

Well, I worked for a time today on the chair. I got the lower rear back part screwed in place and here is what it looks like right now:



In the plans, that large open space you see in the back of the chair is filled with wooden slats that are stained a different color from the rest of the chair. I've been debating what to fill that space up with- wooden slats with perhaps some Mexican tile fixed to them, or maybe a metal grate with a design of some sorts. And I'm going to stain the chair a darker color but I might just do a two-tone stain with the seat and the arms a different color from the rest of the chair. Not sure yet what I'll do.


I've also purchased some wooden moulding to give the chair a little more of a finished look. I'll be applying that before I stain the chair:


For the next several days I'm going to sand and fix any problems I see and then stain it. If you have a suggestion as to what to do with the back of the chair, send me a note.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment