Friday, September 20, 2019

Deck Chair Build, continued-construction is complete

Hi Everyone,

My goodness, the effort we humans go through just to make a chair-whew!



So here is the chair with the arms, moulding, and infill boards attached and it came out the way the plans specified:




This is a close up of the infill slats. I've found several Mexican tile vendors online and I'm going to take a good look at all of them. The wood slats are 4" wide so I'll have to find some tiles that will fit that. Also I've decided to just pick tiles and colors at random so as to liven up the appearance of the chair:

I need to do some more touching up of the stain and then clean the chair surface very well in preparation for varnishing but I think it will come out looking fine.

I'll post completion photos in the next week or two.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment