Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Deck Chair build, continued-The Finish

Hi Everyone,

Well the time has come to put the finish on the chair and I've decided to do the chair in two colors: Minwax Red Chestnut for the seat and infill and Honey for the rest of the chair frame. I've done some sanding and I've got the chair seat stained. Here's the photos:

I needed to do some sanding before the staining. I tipped the chair all over to get it smoothed out and the dowel plugs sanded flush:




Next I gave it another coat of wood sealer as it's been a week since I put on the original sealer. Then I masked off the seat in order to stain it red:


And here it is. This type of stain is designed to be wiped on with a rag or paper towels but I used a small foam brush to apply it. It gave me a little more control over the stain in tight corners and along the edges:

I left the stain on for 5 minutes and then wiped off the excess and I like the shade of red that it is:


Now I'm going to go and have some lunch and come back and finish staining the rest of the frame and I'll do another posting later today.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment