Monday, September 16, 2019

Deck Chair Build, continued-building the seat

Hi All

Well, the seat is done and I'm really bushed. It's been hot and humid and very dirty in the wood shop but that portion of the build is done. Here's the photos:


The seat consists of two rails, front and back, for the seat parts to sit on. I used some left over wood from this project for that:


The seat parts-that I didn't have enough 2x6 lumber for those parts so I used 2x6 lumber, some 2x3s, and some 2x4s for the seat. All the parts were screwed down into place with the screws being covered up with wooden plugs:



Here is the chair with the seat in place:


Next steps: I have to screw a 2x6 board between the back pieces and then sand everything down real well. After that I'm going to re-stain it a darker color. Then attach the arms. When that is all finished there will be some slats out of wood that comprise the back of the chair. Exactly how I'll finish that section is still up in the air.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment