Sunday, September 11, 2011

St Paul Classic 2011

Hi Everyone,
The St. Paul Classic was held today and true to form my husband and I rode today. This year we decided just to gently cruise through the route and not try to break the land speed record. Here are some photos:

This is a photo of folks lining up to check in at the University of St. Thomas, the beginning point of the ride.


This is a shot of my husband getting ready to start the ride.

This is a photo of Ramsey Hill. This is a really steep hill that occurs about 3/4 of the way in the ride. It is really steep and I've never been able to ride all the way to the top. This year I dragged myself up by foot. 
My husband was able to do it and you'll see him in the next photo.


There he is--the Iron Man!!



When you get to the top of Ramsey Hill there is a small park where food and drink and a place to sit down and catch your breath is set up. They have healthy snacks:


And of course I went for the lemon bars. There are probably enough calories in one of these bars to power a small city, but they are soooo goood!!!


And here are two pictures of the view from the park:



It was a really nice day. The weather was absolutely perfect. And this was my 10th Classic.
See you next year!

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment