Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wedding Quaichs-completion photos

Good Day Everyone,

Well, the quaichs are dry and stable and it's time to put a finish on them and call them done. Here they are one at a time:


The Bischofia Cup

Well, here it is. You can see the lovely satin like grain pattern and the color is really pretty. This was good turning wood and bischofia and I will meet again in the future for other turnings:



The Norwegian Maple Cup

Here is the one I made yesterday out of a branch from a Norwegian maple tree. This wood is dry, fine grained and turns like a dream. Hooray for maple trees!


The little Norwegian maple cup

Well, this little guy won't be used but I did finish it anyway. I messed up on the rings I added to the bottom of the cup. It's still usable so I'll save it for the Ginger Majesties as a treat cup:



And I had a tragic run in with my lathe chuck. Owww.

Ok, these projects are finished and will be good to go in about a week or so when the finishes are done curing.

Next project-the bicycle rack. As my thumb is killing me at the moment I'm going to use that as an excuse to eat some lunch, have a cup of java, and sit in the air conditioning for a little while. Stay tuned, I'll be back in about an hour or so.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment