Well, I've gotten the framework for the kantele cut out and glued in place:
...and here's the top after a preliminary sanding:
While I was waiting for the glue to dry, I made and screwed up a birch spoon so I decided to make it into a salad fork and it kinda worked. I don't know why I haven't made a fork before. This came out a little ragged looking but I may return to this at a later day. I'm going to avoid the deep tines you see here:
And here are some spoons that are almost finished and one out of apple wood which is ready to be carved:
And I've damaged two of my carving gouges today. One I dropped on the concrete floor and the cutting edge of the other chipped while I was carving a spoon bowl. I tried to fix the one I dropped and it didn't work out. I may have to send this out for sharpening. The other one has a very deep chip and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this.
Anyway, I'm finished for the day. Tomorrow I'll sand the kantele some more and Monday I'll look into the pins and strings for it.