Thursday, July 18, 2019

Rustic-X Console, continued: working on the top and shelves

Hi Everyone,

Today I worked on the two shelves and the top. Here's today's photos:

Well, it seems I don't have any photos of the shelves. They are simple shelves, 1x12" and they are western red cedar. I cut them to size and I'm going to need to drill them with the Kreg jib. Hmmm, for got to do that yesterday.

I just finished assembling the top and I do have photos of this. This top is made out of 1x 8" western red cedar and screwed together with Kreg screws:


This is a photo of the jig in place:

The boards are long-8ft-and you can see they don't line up perfectly. Kreg clamps to the rescue!
I also clamped the boards together while I was screwing them together with bar and pipe clamps:


And here is a photo of the assembled top. It needs to be cut to length and sanded and the shelves need sanding next:

Ok, I'm going to sand the parts, then begin assembling the console.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment