Saturday, July 27, 2019

Rustic-X Console-completion photos

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you but I've caught a summer cold and I'm miserable. But I did 
finish the console and are the photos:

Here it is-all in all I'm really pleased with the way it came out. There is a lot of shelf space for the TV monitor and the DVD player and DVDs and other stuff.  It's heavy and very stable so if I ever wanted to use it as a free-standing piece of furniture I could. And of course Rhubarb the Cat approves:





Here it is in the living room with stuff on it:


This was a good and challenging build as I've discussed earlier. But the plans are excellent, simple to follow, and if you are careful in cutting out the parts, the parts fit perfectly. Just remember to have a lot of clamps and an extra set of hands when you're assembling this.

Ana also has plans for smaller pieces of X-style furniture if you would rather have a small piece of furniture on her web site and if you go online to Pinterest or Google and search for "rustic x-console" you will see other consoles that have been built using these plans with different finishes and other corner braces other than the x.

Let's put a fork in it and call it done. And many thanks to Ana for her website and all the work she's done over the years.
_______________

What's next? Well I need to get over this rotten cold and then I'm going to take a few weeks off and contemplate a new chair for my deck.

In the meantime have a great summer and I'll see you all soon!

Best,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment