Wednesday, July 10, 2019

New Project: Rustic X Console with Ana White plans

Hi Everyone,

Well it's time for a new project. Here's what's up:

Most of my old furniture this year has given up the ghost-it's worn out and we got rid of a lot of it. Furniture that could be rebuilt I worked on and we're using it, but one of the things we need in our living room is a console for our TV set and DVD player.

I looked all over for some plans and finally decided on plans for a very simple console from Ana White's website. If you're not familiar with her website, it's got a ton of diy plans for all sorts of furniture and even a couple of house plans. I've made a book case and something else from her plans (I can't recall what the something else was) and I've found that the plans work well and the resulting bookcase is strong and has been used over and over again here at home.

The piece I'm going to make is the Rustic X-Console out of western red cedar. I find I like cedar. It has a nice clean look to it and the grain patterns and colors in that wood are very pretty and will work well in my living room. And it has a nice scent:

The console dimensions are 74 1/2" long, 16 1/2" wide, and 30" high. And there will be enough room for the TV, the DVD player, dvds, nick knacks, and the occasional cat. I plan to follow the plans exactly.

I'll probably get started either tomorrow or Friday so get some coffee and drop by the wood shop. There's another project afoot!

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment