Monday, August 10, 2015

the Pet Urn continued-finishing the top of the body of the urn

Hello Yet Again,

Well, it's been a busy day today in the wood shop. Here's the latest:

Since it's been a warm day and a number of hours had elapsed, I decided to go down to the shop and turn the top of the urn and here is a photo. This was easy to do and the two surfaces match perfectly:



Now the plastic bushing I used is 1"+ in diameter and so I drilled a hole in the top of the urn and hand turned it just a little bit:


...and the body of the bushing fits snugly. This particular bushing has a hexagonal flange so I turned a recess in the top to accept that:




Here it is at present. I'm going to mix up a large amount of JB Weld which is a very strong epoxy to glue this entire bushing into the urn. Tomorrow morning I'll take this whole thing back down and turn away any excess glue and flatten the top completely. Then I'll finely sand the whole body and take it off the chuck in preparation for turning the cap of the urn.



See you tomorrow.
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment