Well, I went down to the wood shop today and began making a pair of salt and pepper shakers. As this is my very first time making spice containers I thought I'd go slowly and make a single salt shaker today. And it came out really well:
As the plans are copyrighted I can't show you the process like I usually do but I can tell you that I made it out of ambrosia maple and I used a rubber bung to plug up the bottom. The completed shaker has a beeswax and mineral oil finish on it but I think I'm going to test a varnish finish on the pepper shaker. This will hold several tablespoons of salt or pepper. Since it's getting late and it's getting cold, I'm going to quit for the day and come back on Thursday and make the pepper shaker.
Oh, I also finally made a small diameter box out of red oak. It's about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and about 2 inches high. I don't have a photo for you but I will next time.