Friday, July 22, 2022

End Grain Cutting Board/Discussion and plans

 Hi Everyone,

Something that I would like to try is making an end-grain cutting board. If you look at Etsy or Pinterest there are zillions of photographs of cutting boards with amazing patterns and colors and while I don't have the equipment or jigs to make the really complex one, a simple board should be doable with my equipment.

I found a very simple end grain pattern online at This Old House at https://www.thisoldhouse.com/kitchens/21017521/how-to-make-an-end-grain-cutting-board  The guys in the article used a section of a left over plank from a previous project, cut the board into strips and glued them together to make a board. Not a very difficult project.

I have an 8 ft length of 2x3 fir and some poplar leftover from a previous adventure and I think I'll give this project a go.

Stay tuned,

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment