Friday, June 26, 2020

Pet Urn-Compeletion Photos

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I didn't post these photos sooner-I've injured one of my knees and I've been hobbling around trying to get through the list of things I need to do.

Ok, here is the finished urn out of maple and cypress woods:



Here is the underside of the lid-you can see the brass cap screwed in place and a rubber gasket. The brass cap screws down to the base and the gasket prevents the contents from coming out:


Should it not be possible to unscrew the lid at some future point, I've left a dimple on the bottom of the lathe that marks where a drill hold could be placed and the contents shaken out:


So we'll call the project done.

________________________________________

News: I have a new lathe coming and it should be here in mid-July. In the mean time I'm going to work on some furniture projects that have been on my to - do list for a while: a coffee cup cabinet, a living room chair, and a coffee table so stay tuned.

Thanks for dropping by and watching the project build. There's always something going on here at the shop so grab some coffee and put your feet up. 

See you soon,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment