Saturday, June 20, 2020

Pet Urn, assembled and completed

Hi Everyone,

Well the urn is finished. I've epoxied the brass part into the body and lid of the urn and the epoxy is setting. Here's today's photos:

Ok, here are the parts of the urn: wooden top and bottom and the brass hose fittings to be epoxied into the top and bottom of the urn:



I use JB Weld Epoxy for all sorts of stuff. I've never had it fail and I think on their website there's a story about someone using it to repair an engine block in a farm tractor in Texas. Wow!
JB Weld


Here's a photo of the underside of the lid with the brass cap epoxied in place:


This is the hose portion that is going to be epoxied into the bottom in a minute:


And here is the fitting epoxied in place:


And with that the urn is complete.
I'm going to let this harden over night. On Monday I'll get completion photos for you before I mail it off.

As tomorrow is Father's Day here in the US and my birthday, I'm taking the day off!!

See you Monday,
VW










No comments:

Post a Comment