Friday, June 7, 2019

Chair Seat Project-finish photos

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this project - my old camera finally bit the dust (literally) and the new camera and I are warring back and forth. But I managed to get two photographs out of it so I can show you how this project went.

As a recap: the chair seats on my old dining room chairs were filthy and completely worn out and badly needed replacing. Originally I planned to re-upholster myself. When that didn't pan out, I used some scrap laminated pine panels to cut out a new set of seats.

From there I painted them a rust color to match the dining table. I used Behr Home Decorators Collection oil based paint in a rust color and I gave each seat 2 coats with 6 days of drying time between coats so the surface would be really hard. And I'm really happy with the way they came out:




And this is what they originally looked like:


I've got all 4 chairs done and now I can invite friends over for dinner. Anyone hungry?

_________________

OK, I'm working on making a corner shelf for the tv monitor in my living room. It's also made out of a laminated pine panel and for this one I'm going to stain it gray and add some detail to the surface so be sure and stay tuned for that. When that's done a cabinet for my living room radio is in order and I'll post about that too.

Well, thanks for dropping by and I'll see you soon!

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment