Monday, May 20, 2019

Perfume Tray-final assembly and finish photos

Hi Everyone,

Well, the monster weather we were supposed to have didn't materialize this weekend-it's bright, sunny, and calm today. Time to go down to the wood shop and finish the perfume tray. Here's the photos:

The first thing I needed to do was to attach the handles and those went on smoothly. I switched out the original handles for these longer, larger handles and I think they fit the size of the tray much better.


Next I trimmed the bottom boards to size and screwed them down to the frame:


Here you can see I counter sinked the screws so the tops don't scratch whatever surface the tray sits on:


And with that the tray is finished. Here are the final photographs for this project:





I must say I'm pleased with the way it came out. It meets the requirements set out by my friend and I think her perfume collection will not only look lovely against the grey stain, but she has room to grow her collection in the future.

Ok, this project is finished. Thanks for dropping by to watch.

Next is the dining room chair seat project which I'm going to get set up for this afternoon.

Stay tuned!

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment