Monday, August 8, 2016

Making the Bed continued

Hi Everyone,

I had the day off today so I decided to spend part of the day working on the bed project. I finished the foot board by cutting a plywood panel to size and screwing down to the back of the foot board. Then I stained everything. Here's today's photos:


This photo shows the plywood just lying on the backside of the footboard:

 

Here it is with the screws in place:



And this photo shows the foot board and the headboard-the construction of these is completed.



After all this I took both pieces outside for staining. I'm using Minwax honey colored stain. It's coming out a medium brown color. The wood pieces that make up both the head and foot boards are different and so they absorb the stain differently so you can see a color difference in the photos. I'm going to let the stain dry for the next several days and then stain them again so as to make the color more even:


After the stain part of the project I'll begin varnishing everything but that won't be until the end of the week.

Next, I'll make the frame for the mattress.

Stay tuned.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment