Thursday, September 12, 2013

Still Recovering and Tracking a Balloonist

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm still recovering from the extraction and I've got a cold so I'm not back up into the shop just yet. So to entertain myself I've been doing a lot of reading online.

One of the news stories that has caught my eye is that of Jonathan Trappe, an American from North Carolina who is attempting to become the first person to cross the Atlantic by floating over with a set of cluster balloons. He is sitting in a specially designed gondola that looks like a small boat and this in turn is attached to the balloons.

He's currently over the Gulf of St. Lawrence having taken off from Maine. You can track him at: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0s4Q04gaaoV9KnJ0UMb7h5b90telngQjv

I read somewhere the journey is expected to take between 3 to 5 days with a hoped for landing in France.

I'm going to keep track of him while I'm out of the shop.

More later,

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment