Friday, April 17, 2015

Communion Plate and Goblet

Good Morning,

A while back I made a communion plate for a friend of mine who taking on his first position as a priest in a small Episcopal church in Minneapolis. Phil has been a wonderful friend whom I don't get to see very often and I wanted to make sure he began his ministry properly equipped.

To complete the gift I ordered a ceramic goblet from Minneapolis ceramic artist Elizabeth Goff and you can see her Etsy shop along with all the wonderful things she makes here: Living Earth Ceramics .

And here are photos of the goblet and the complete gift:



Now if I could just find a day when I can get together with Phil and give it to him!

On another note:
I went and purchased some more wood this week with idea of making another tray to replace the one that I messed up. And I found some lovely pieces that I think are prettier than the walnut plank I was working with:

The two planks that are standing up are ash, the large plank laying on the floor is maple and the small piece is Australian cypress:


Here is a closeup of the smaller plank along with a turning blank for a tea box I'm contemplating making:

I've got the tray on my schedule for next week so grab some coffee and drop by the wood shop. We're off and running again!

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment