Friday, July 22, 2011

You saw it here first...

Hi All,
Well, it was a very long, hot day and to beat all I cleaned out a week's work of sawdust and wood chips out of my shop so by the time I finished up, I was even dirtier than usual.  But I had another good day in spite of the heat. I made several more knitting notions and a tea box.

I went to a lumber yard yesterday and picked up several things, amongst them a small laminated block out of beech and I made (drum roll here) a darning tulip!! I've heard of eggs and mushrooms, but tulip has to be a first. Here's a picture:


And I also made a tea box for a young friend who is unemployed and has been for several years now. It is easy to fall between the cracks when you're unemployed and I just want him to know that he's not alone. Here is a photo of the tea box:


Annnndddd, I have some good news: I have a commission from a friend to make a birthday present for his mother. His mom is an artist and she needs a bowl to place her brushes in so I'm  making her a calico bowl in the shape of a large tumbler out of assorted hard woods. When it's done in a couple of days I'll post some pictures.

Stay cool,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment