Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello World!

Good Afternoon,

My name is Vickie Woodcock and I am the woman in Selkie Wood Works. I work with a lathe and I work in wood. As I am in the early days of a new, small business (and being very much a social creature) I decided to create a blog in order to have a place to write and ruminate about wood working, craftmanship, tools, lumber, and other issues.

This is my first posting so I guess I should tell you what I'm up to right now. I make kitchenware--cutting boards, rolling pins, kitchen mallets, and wooden dishes--and I also make knitting accessories  such as nostepinnes, darning eggs and darning mushrooms, and hopefully soon yarn bowls. The knitting part of my lineup is attracting attention at the moment and so I've been working on darning mushrooms and eggs. I have several pieces of maple, red oak, and poplar and those are being turned into mushroom:


This is a lot of work, even with a lathe and sharp chisels. Add to that it's a really hot day today so I've decided to stop for today and come inside and rest a bit and do a bit of blogging. But I have had a productive day today and I'm happy about that.

I also write a blog called Pipearooo which is all about making furniture out of plumbing pipe. If you need a table or some shelves, you should take a look at this blog.

So I plan to write a lot and I hope you stick around and share my wood shop adventures with wood, plumbing pipe, my chisels, and me.

Thanks for dropping by,
Vickie Woodcock

No comments:

Post a Comment