Saturday, December 14, 2013

Still cold and a little work in the shop

Hi Everyone,

Well, it has been really cold here of late--lots of 0 and below temperatures and that has made working in the shop impossible. As it's a balmy 16 degrees outside right now I decided to go down to the shop and do about 20 minutes of work on two projects that need to be finished and mailed this week for Christmas.

The first is the dip and veggie bowl that I made out of laminated pine earlier this fall. I decided to enlarge the center section so as to fit a larger ceramic bowl. Here is the photo:


The second project was a maple platter I made earlier this summer ( I didn't post this one on the blog). It needed to be sanded and it also needs a finish applied so I went down and sanded the center of it:


And now for some bad news-I've aggravated an old knee injury so I'm in considerable pain and can hardly walk. I guess this is a good time to stop work, clean out the shop and do some equipment maintenance and tool sharpening that I've been putting off for a while. So these will be the last two turning projects for this year. If my knee improves I'll make the kayak paddle in a week or two. If not I'll defer it until January.

I will do another posting or two before the end of the year so stay tuned.

VW




No comments:

Post a Comment