Friday, August 31, 2012

Fall Turning Schedule

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm almost recovered from my strained knee and I can stand and walk around so it's time to get back to work.

I have a number of platters and plates that I need to make and I don't think I've written much about that so I'm going to go and dig out some lumber out of my wood pile and start turning. I'm also going to make several round cutting boards. This will involve laminating so those of you who are new to Selkie Wood Works can see how this is done.

I've also been working on spoon carving and I think my design is going to work well. I make my spoons out of kiln dried lumber so the wood is harder than unseasoned tree branches which is what most hand carved spoons are made from.  We'll talk about tools and technique for this as well.

I'm glad I'm getting back to work again so grab some coffee and drop by the wood shop. We've got more adventures ahead.

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment