Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Staining Wood-The Fruit Platter Project

Hi Everyone,

Well, I gave the fruit platter a 3rd coat of paint and unfortunately it just doesn't look terribly great at this point and I don't think putting on additional coats of paint is going to change that:


So I've taken the platter off of the lathe for now and I'll store it away and perhaps re-visit it at a future point in time.

I still have the other oak turning plank and I'll turn that also into a platter but leave it unpainted.

Oh well you can't win them all.

I'm currently working on some shelving and I'll show you the result when I'm finished. I also need to rent a chain saw and cut up some of the logs I have so I can get them ready for turning and I'll post that in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned,
VW

No comments:

Post a Comment