Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Wedding Bowl continued...

Hi Everyone,

Well, I've taken the bischofia bowl out of the dry box and it looks good. It's still round and there are no cracks:

The foot of the bowl did shrink a little and the Nova chuck didn't quite fit into the recess you see in the photograph so I got one of my carving gouges and gently whittled away a bit until the chuck jaws fit inside:

So I finished hollowing it out and turned the exterior of the bowl a little and began sanding it and here it is at present:

It has the usual end grain problems to deal with and since it's a coarse wood, it will need a fair amount of smoothing which I'm going to mostly do today.

I'll be back in several days with completion photos and final notes on the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment