Sunday, January 27, 2013

A new area for SWW!


Hi Everyone,

Well, it's cold, it's snowing, and I haven't gotten over nearly freezing solid yesterday in the wood shop so I decided to stay inside and make something that we've needed for a while now:

A new toilet paper dispenser!

And not just any toilet paper dispenser-a handmade, genuine, one-of-a-kind toilet paper dispenser that you can only find here at SWW!

I'm making this up as I go so I'll post this over the next several days.

Here is a photo of a wooden mounting bracket I'm making. This is a piece of left over aspen from another project. It's about 13 inches long, 3 inches wide and about 1/2 thick. I've decided to embelish it a bit. Here is a photo:


Now you can be conservative about this and just stain it or leave it plain but hey, if you're going to be sitting there you might as well have something interesting to look at...

I've sprayed it with lacquer and I'm letting it dry before the next step which is coloring it in with some markers.

Stay tuned!

VW

No comments:

Post a Comment