Monday, September 17, 2012

Spoons-stay tuned

Hello Again,

I've been working on making spoons in my shop for about the past 6 weeks and I must say that I've really enjoyed it. It's very satisfying to make something yourself and making a spoon seems to bring a certain contentment with it.

Here is a photo of a spoon I just finished. This one is out of American cherry:


And here are several others out of (l to r): maple, black walnut, and cherry:


I've been making these out of scrap lumber and while this wood is harder than unseasoned wood, it produces a fine, strong spoon that works well in a kitchen environment.

I'll be working on another spoon later this week and I'll take you through this step by step so if you like, you can make your own.

More later,
VW



No comments:

Post a Comment